ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Naomi Klein on C-SPAN


photographer unknown

The more I hear Naomi Klein, the more I respect her and learn from her. She put her finger right on something I've been struggling with. (She is the author of No Logo and The Shock Doctrine.)

Dear Readers -- have you noticed that I have said very little about the healthcare policy put forth by the Obama administration? I haven't. And Naomi Klein said something like this: "Obama's opponents are attacking the healthcare plan and Obama's supporters are in a quandry: they don't know whether to support it or not. They don't know if the public option is good enough. They don't like it that abortion won't be paid for ..." That's so true! I don't know whether to support it or not. I feel like I *should* support it ... because I hope it will be a stepping stone to a better healthcare plan. But, will it really?

If you want to hear Naomi Klein's interview on C-SPAN's Q&A, go here, oh curious one.

Labels:

Stumble It!

3 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Woody (Tokin Librul/Rogue Scholar/ Helluvafella!) said...

Ms Klein smilingly, and to Mr Lambs evident discomfiture, tore "thePrez" a whole brand new asshole, pointedly describing Obama as 'a brand' which, to gin up bidness creates a 'progressive' image which it then refuses to honor when called on it...

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Ms. Manitoba said...

Yep. But if any progressive was really paying attention during the election she would know that Obama was not running as a progressive. True, his marketing crew tried to make us believe that ... but, really. No one actually thought that, did they? And tonight's speech proves it once again, right?

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Ms. Manitoba said...

Woody -- thanks for visiting and commenting. I love comments. Plus, I thought that part of Klein's interview was very interesting. Obama as a brand. Yep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home