ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!


Today is the birthday of a very special woman who chooses to disguise her identity on this blog as Friend of TPC. I am so lucky that she chooses to call me a friend!

A very happy birthday to you, dear FoTPC, and I hope you're thoroughly enjoying today (right through the weekend — no need to stint on this celebration thing!).

I'm not saying how many years ago this beautiful woman was born, a sweet little girl who grew into the promise and the fullness of her years. But she has been a good friend to all fortunate enough to be in her circle. She's a brilliant, talented, beautiful creature with a heart full of love and a willingness to take on and chew out all those nasty little wretches who would put their own welfare before this country. Her passionate commitment to human rights, to equality, and to all things that comprise our beautiful earth and our living environment inspired me to start blogging. She's a scientist with a brilliant mind, a committed atheist who managed to survive a conservative family and emerge graceful, loving, and caring despite her trials. Thank you for keeping this blog going, thank you for all your terrific posts, and most of all, thank you for being in my life!

Lift a glass of champagne for me, girl! Happy birthday!

Labels: , , , ,

Stumble It!

2 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Batocchio said...

Hard to top a singing cat!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Friend of TPC said...

Blush, blush. :-) Thank you TPC! And actually I can say the same about you! And tonight I will have a glass or two of wine, that is unless I buy some champagne a little later today as I need to hit the store anyway! I turned old today so I might as well turn tipsy too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home