ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Ms. Manitoba is Thankful ... so Thankful for:


The Political Cat -- what a wonderful twinish friend

My daughters -- both very different individuals

My niece and nephew -- through such hard times and they're full of love

My friends who are also my family -- with me through good times and the worst of times

My cousin turned sister, J -- love love love

My other cousins who help me more than they know

A roof over my head

My kitties, Boomer, Cosmo, and Willy Billy Button [in alphabetical order ... I'm not stupid ... don't want any hair balls on my pillows]

Mother Earth -- keeps me sane, I hope we take better care of you in the future starting NOW

My co-workers who make life much more interesting at work

The politicians who really do care and work hard to make life better for all of us ... yes, I believe they do exist ... few and far between maybe ... which makes me even more thankful for the ones that exist

ICANHASCHEEZBURGER for making me laugh when my body really really needs it

The many writers who take me to deeper places, who make me think more deeply about things outside my experience

Fannie Lou Hamer

all the brave lesbians that we don't know about who struggled inch by small inch to come out and pave the way for us -- you are our courageous mothers and sisters

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi [Westerners know him as Mahatma Gandhi]

Emma Goldman

Laura Nyro

Tweety Bird

La Bohème and its creator, Giacomo Puccini

Freedom Fighters the world over

I could go on and on ... but as you can see I have so much to be thankful for ... so many people and creations enrich my life.

THANKS ... much love from me

Labels:

Stumble It!

1 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Friend of TPC said...

Hear hear! I have much to be thankful for too. Sometimes I get angry about this or that and otherwise complain to much but I am thankful that Obama won, that I have a job still, that I know so many great people including you and TPC, and have seen such great posts here from the readers of this blog. All of you give me hope and I am thankful for that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home