ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

2008 Elections: Add Jon Stewart

to the mix of those giving McAncient a little shoe-leather:



Meanwhile, The Eclectic Quill brings you a list of John McAncient jokes along the lines of, you know, why did the chicken ... funny, though.

Speaking of shoe-leather, which we weren't, but hey — anybody catch the story on McAncient's $520 Ferragamo shoes? AAAAGGGHH! What's with that? Oh, yeah, he's got a wife with a $100 million-dollar fortune who thinks the only way to get around the State of Arizona is in a small aeroplane. Love to do that, Cindy, honey, but I can't even afford a new car, yaknow? Meanwhile, the man that John McAncient is attacking as "elitist" only recently paid off his school loans, and here's a snippet about his "elitist" sartorial style:
Moos then played footage of Michelle Obama telling Access Hollywood during a family interview that Obama was wearing ten year old pants and a worn-out belt and hurriedly adding, "Don't pan down to the shoes -- because we've talked about getting new shoes for him."

Obama had told a newspaper last spring, "Michelle has asked me to clean up because when she first met me I had one suit. Michelle always finds this funny because I basically buy five of the same suit and then I patch them up and wear them repeatedly. I have four pairs of shoes. Recently, I've taken to getting a haircut more frequently than I used to because my mother-in-law makes fun of me."
Well, it looks as if Senator Obama has not forgotten his impoverished roots and spends his money carefully. Our parents (who pinched every penny till it screamed before they let it go, having lived through one war and one Depression) would approve.

So Mrs. McCain, who thinks the only way to travel around Arizona (unlike the rest of us little people) is by plane, and who owns so many houses she forgets to pay her property taxes for up to four years on one of them, and her husband John McCain who wears shoes that cost approximately six times what we at La Casa de Los Gatos have ever spent on a pair of shoes, want us to believe the man in the patched suit is an elitist. Okay.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Stumble It!

6 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger Charlotte Hamrick said...

That's what I'm talkin' about. The concept of elitism is relative, I suppose. Yeah, right.

Thanks for posting the vid - I never get to see John Steward and it gave me a much needed laugh tonight!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger BadTux said...

Silly cat. It's not the clothes he wears that make Obama an elitist. It's the fact that he, like, talks all intelligent and shit. "elitist" in today's political world is a synonym for "intelligent". Because god forbid that we elect an intelligent politician. Why, he might even make some idiot American somewhere feel stupid!

-- Badtux the Snarky Penguin

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Chuck Butcher said...

Cripes, I wear $380 boots and look like hell most of the time. But then the boots help me make money and pretty clothes don't.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Charlotte, glad I could amuse you. Yes, I love the millionaire McAncients casting aspersions on others' elitism.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Badtux, oy, the snark. Yes, I realize "elite" really means "not as dumb as a brick," but honestly! Trying to imply that knowing the price of arugula makes you an unsuitable presidential candidate as your wife posts recipes for Ahi tuna (at $20/lb). The cheek!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Chuck, your boots are work gear, not pretty footwear designed to impress the poorer classes. We all have to pay for our professional ventures. $380 boots for you = expensive professional society membership for someone else, yaknow? It's the wearing the Ferragamos to fucking Bakersfield oil rigs that kills me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home