ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

I own and have read subversive books

I heard on the radio today that firemen are supposed to look for subversive books that American citizens might have in their libraries. Apparently it is becoming illegal to own such books and so I might as well freely confess my crime. I own and have read "1984" by George Orwell. I own and have read "It Can't Happen Here" by Sinclair Lewis. I own and have read books by Noam Chomsky, Al Franken, Molly Ivins, Joe Conason, Seymour Hersh, and others. Under Bush world, I am guilty of thought crime for having such books. To atone and get my mind right, let me now pledge allegiance:

I pledge allegiance to President Bush, dear leader and hero of America, and to his rule for which he stands, one nation, under foot, with total surveillance, mind control and perpetual war for all.

I mean, who needs the Constitution anyway. After all, it is just a stupid piece of paper. i know this because my new hero for life President Bush told me so. Now I feel better. Thank you.

Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home