ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Politics - Impeach!


Congressmember John Conyers said today that impeachment might be off Nancy Pelosi's table, but is not, apparently, off his. Raw Story has the details.

Folks - I think what Conyers is saying is that the people need to force impeachment. Politicians will not do anything to jeopardize their power, and impeachment is a big honkin' ugly ol' puppy. If we want it, we gotta get it, by standing together and yelling at each and every one of our political representatives.

I'm ready to start a campaign here. I think each of us who believes impeachment is the only way to keep these madmen from starting the nuclear holocaust that Boy George has already threatened is to inundate the Congress with mail, email, phone calls and actual visits. The time has come. Let us wait no more. Those of you who are comfortable with Code Pink or Cindy Sheehan or MoveOn, please contact those individuals/groups and see if they are organizing a visit to any congresscritters. Those who would prefer a peaceful, nonviolent campaign, please visit NTodd's site at PaxAmerica. He has links, campaigns, and what-all going on.

For myself, as an immobile person with health problems right now, I undertake to write daily and phone once a week. I'll scout around and see who's got anything going on that looks good, but for now this is all I can commit to. September 15th is coming soon, and it looks as if many people will be rallying for impeachment on that day.

Stumble It!

2 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Friend of TPC said...

Lasr night I watched "13 Days" again for the first time since it was released back in 2000. Perhaps if you are old enough you will remember the missiles of October and just how close we came to nuclear war. I strongly recommend this movie, and consider, if are lovely Bush idiot were President in that crisis instead of Kenedy, we would not be here to even remember it.

And in the meantime, everything I hear and read says that too stupid to be President is going to attack iran and you can be sure he is going to use nukes and unless he is imepeached, there is probably no way to stop him. Besides being a horrific war crime, I don't know if we even have a future. I'm worried folks. I'm worried.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Friend of TPC said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home