ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Politics - Suppression of Free Speech In The Bush Regime


This is simply ridiculous.
(CBS News) KENSINGTON, Md. A 74-year-old retired mathematician who sells anti-Bush buttons at a Maryland farmers' market has become a symbol of free speech to some people. Others say Alan McConnell is a nuisance.
He's 74, for cryin' out loud. They arrested him because he's potentially dangerous? Oh, please. What's he going to do, throw up on the cops?

I'm decades younger than Mr. McConnell, and I can assure you my ability to pose a potential threat to anyone is severely limited by the bad knees, poor vision, carpal tunnel, torn rotator cuff muscles, and bad back. We don't need brownshirts to police us, it seems. Our fellow citizens and elected officials are more than happy to step up to the plate.

Stupid fucks.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Stumble It!

2 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

I know this sounds weird, but I'm afraid to write negative letters to the White House. Afraid I'll get on some kind of list somewhere.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

I know what you mean. I have nightmares about it myself. Argh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home