ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Politics - Actions You Can Take


After that flood of decidedly unpositive news (see my most recent posts), I meandered over to Ntodd's digs. He's always good for a Quakerish, peace-lovin kick in the pants. And sure nuff, the boy come through. If you haven't joined the campaign yet, perhaps now's the time. I know Cynthia's real good about this, but a letter (or two) per day from the rest of us might just cause the Powers That Be to sit up and listen for a change. Don't ya think? Here's something constructive we can do, now. And it costs maybe $0.40-some cents per day. Worth it to end this war and start impeachment.

And impeach we must, for no future President or Vice-President of this land must ever have these dictatorial powers that they can exercise over a hapless people who have gotten fat and lazy and slept through the past six years of violating the Constitution.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Stumble It!

3 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

I liked NTodd's idea of sending a card. I often have trouble writing a whole letter that describes what I'm upset about -- takes me hours. A card would be less pressure.

Yesterday I met a friend of mine at a local Burger King and we spent a couple of hours with his laptop writing a letter to the CA Governor complaining about his intention to cut $55 million from an existing mental health program.

For me, partnering up with somebody helps me activate to complete the task, whether it's cooking or writing political letters.

I've been feeling ineffectual about the political news of the day and I hope actually writing the letters will help me feel like I'm actively participating in the political process at this crucial time.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

I'd love to partner with you on some project! If only you lived closer. You have such good ideas.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

I'd love to partner with you, too! I'm hoping to print my letters on my blog as I go along. It'll help me learn how to use my blog more fully and I need and want to participate in the political discourse.

Your blog is an excellent example of highlighting the issues we are facing. I enjoy your use of language, too. Your posts fun to read as well as informative.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home