ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Bush & Cheney=Dementors

Yes, dear reader, I have been caught up in the Harry Potter craze. Well, in my own small way. I bought the latest book and I'm enjoying book three ... I'm only up to book three and NO, I did not wait in line for the latest book. That's where I fail as an American consumer. Just popped into my local independent bookstore (dressed as a middle aged slightly butch female worker ... not as Miss Pomfrey or Professor Dumbledore), walked up to the display, pulled a book down, and paid for it.

I am thoroughly enjoying book three. Confession: It is *not* on my reading plan. But it feels like a summery kind of book ... so I'm reading it.

It is awfully odd (remember, don't get even, get odd) to be in sync with millions of other people. To actually also love something that is popular. I also loved Water for Elephants which is on so many book group lists these days. Awfully odd. I mean ... when I vote for a candidate or a proposition usually it's the kiss of death. I'm usually voting with the minority. Of course, that hasn't been true in the last two presidential elections. "What?" you say. Yes, I voted for the majority in those elections ... those elections were stolen. Not kidding. I really believe that.

Stumble It!

1 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Yes, you're odd. But in the nicest way. If there were more oddities like your dear, odd self, the world would be a better place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home