ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Politics - 2008 Democratic Candidates, Hillary Rodham Clinton Edition


Yes, I do plan to blog them all. Even the knuckledragging Brownback and Huckabee. Let's start with HRC, though, because she makes me deeply uncomfortable.

Way back when Bill first got elected, I liked Hillary. I liked what I knew about her. She worked with Marian Wright Edelman on the Children's Defense Fund, and was widely respected, especially in the progressive legal community, for her stance. I liked her commonsensical feminist attitude. Things have changed a great deal since then.

Like John McCain, a politician who I thought was exceptionally independent and free of toadying tendencies, Rodham Clinton has undergone a metamorphosis for the worse. I don't like this new Rodham Clinton. I'm deeply suspicious of her triangulating stance, her ego, her conservative-disguised-as-a-progressive posturing.

I've held off bloviating on the topic because much of the public dislike of Rodham Clinton is based on the poisoning of the political discourse in this country by the likes of that feculent swine, Karl Rove. But as the next Presidential elections approach, I fear that Rodham Clinton is gaining momentum and picking up endorsements that will result in her being shoved down the public's throat as the supposed "moderate Democratic candidate." And I don't want that. I really really do not want Hillary Rodham Clinton as the Democratic candidate for the presidency. I really do not want her as the next President.

Investigative journalist Greg Palast has a story to tell about Senator Rodham Clinton that touches on all my hillarysensors. Good work, Greg.

I wish I could accept her disirregardless (as some have said), but I don't think I can.

Labels:

Stumble It!

2 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

The Wal-Mart Connection did it for me. And she really has kept that piece of information as quiet as possible.

I've had my doubts about Hillary. She doesn't really lead on the main issues of the day. I'm happy she got to be a Senator. I think she's smart and in some ways a role model for women. But the Wal-Mart connection is out of step with her "liberal" persona. Anyone who is sincerely liberal wouldn't have had anything to do with Wal-Mart.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

You're right about so many things. Mall Wart, Hillary's lack of leadership, her undeniable smarts. I, too, am glad she's a Senator. But no one who valued human rights, workers' rights, womens' rights, would have anything to do with Mall Wart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home