ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sick again!

Egad@! My lungs are on fire, I can hardly breathe. I started feeling sick at work, and came home early, and worked at home today, but now I'm sweating and coughing and horking and downing Nyquil like a Rethuglican, I mean, wino. Of course this is a signal for all the felinquents to descend on me. Bandicoot is "making muffins," which is a popular euphemism, apparently, for "attempting to pierce multiple holes in my integument. Gojira wants under the covers - does she really think I'm dumb enough to fall for that "But I'm coooold! It's just another excuse for her biting my arse. Madu spent most of the day semi-comatose and muttering to himself. He talks in his sleep. Gustav was the only one who didn't move much. Zingiber alternated between snoring loudly in my ear and licking my leg. I'm going to take another slug of that evil-tasting stuff and see if I can make it in to the office tomorrow. So much to do, and I don't have email access!

Stumble It!

3 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Political Cat,

I'm sending you waves of healing energy. I recently experienced a very unusual kind of cold and since you said you're sick AGAIN, maybe you have something similar:

The first cold lasted about a week with the usual attack of the cough and fever. The second cold came whizzing through rather quickly about a week and a half later.

Hope that's the case for you.

Get well soon!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Thank you, Sandy, for those healing thoughts and wishes. Regrettably, whatever I've got seems ten times worse than the last two attacks of the nasties. It's been days of shivering, sweating, coughing, blowing, sneezing, and suffering, and I can still hear wheezing noises coming from my lungs. Ugh. Ack. Oh, well, at least the cats are staying close by. Mixed blessing, but I'm trying to enjoy the "blessing" part and ignore the hisses and curses as they fight for position.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

As the previous owner of only two cats versus your menagerie, these hisses and curses of which you speak, are foreign to me. I guess I was fortunate to only have the two and one of them was not so affectionate of me as the other.

Meanwhile, I'm missing your wonderful comments at 922 Cats and she's got some great pictures up of her brood (I can't even keep them straight with pictures -- seems to me Cloud was missing from the lists).

Anyway, enough of this cold business -- I so decree! May you be up and at them ASAP.

Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home