ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Psychokitty

Gussie on the bed

Poor Gustav. He really is a nutcase, but it's not his fault. He was very very badly treated as a sprog, and I'm afraid it's rather scarred him for life. Of course, I'm not too pleased with the fact that he's taken to periodically attempting to scar us for life, witness the most recent incident:

Back of hand with mortally disfigured pinky finger

Front view of damaged pinky

It doesn't look like much, but cat bites are deep, not wide, and he certainly connected with bone. Before the evening was over, the pinky finger had swelled up like a balloon, the entire hand was turning red, and sharp stabbing pains were coursing through my poor paw.More evidence of wrongdoing

The blood kept pouring from what seemed like a very tiny incision, which led me to believe that he must have bitten right into a small, but arterial, blood vessel. I wrapped three paper towels around the finger, and they were soaked within a minute. Blood was splashing on the floor, the sheets, the papers and books - Eugh!

Fortunately, I had antibiotics in the house, and I started taking them immediately. Otherwise, it would've been another revolting trip to the revolting ER. Feh.

I did have some very hard words with him. But I can't blame him for what happened. He had a crazy moment, where he just lost it and tried to bite Gojira, and my hand was in the way. I'm just glad he didn't get her. Spoiled rotten as she is, the Little Princess is rather delicate, and easily injured, scared, and affected. She just acts tough with us.

In any event, he soon sought out his substitute "mother" for comfort:
Gus being comforted by Bandicoot
Dear sweet Bandicoot, the little Buddha Cat, as April calls him, is always good to the others. A veritable saint among felines. Though occasionally Gustavito does get on his nerves. Anyway, we made it up, and I patted his sleek head and told him to practise his teeth on mice in the future. There's a permanent discolored spot on my nailbed, but maybe some day it will fade.

Labels: , ,

Stumble It!

1 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Bandicoot! I love that name! And now I get to see him in action.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home