ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

If You Haven't Done Anything Wrong, You Have Nothing To Hide

For six years now, I've heard people - especially politically conservative people - say this as I worried over the infringement on the nation's civil liberties, the rampant spying, the sadly misnamed Patriot Act, the massive misdeeds of the current (mis)Administration.

Today, George W. Bush told Congress that he will not permit them to subpoena his aide, Karl Rove, and his former counsel, Harriet Myers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Congress does not need his permission to subpoena these people. His only argument left is executive privilege, and I doubt he can make that argument successfully, given that the Justice Department has released so much of the materials that implicate Rove and Myers.

So why won't Mr. Bush allow these two people to testify under oath? After all, if they haven't done ... but you get my drift.

For a glimpse of a clearly wrongdoing Bush, go here.

Something tells me these people have a lot of skeletons in their closets. And those skeletons are about to come tumbling out.

Labels: , , ,

Stumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home