ThePoliticalCat

A Blog devoted to progressive politics, environmental issues, LGBT issues, social justice, workers' rights, womens' rights, and, most importantly, Cats.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Centaur

and His Kitten. La Petite Madeleine looks like a tasty little teacake. Dr. Barmpot Shouty-Crackers, proud parent of the one and only Arthur J., noted her precious white lace fichu tucked into her tiny bosom. She looks a lot like her Uncle Maxx, who is greatly missed by all, still, but is apparently having a really good time on his comet with Barbaro and Molly Ivins. Sweet thought, eh?

Labels: , , ,

Stumble It!

5 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Lizzy said...

I hope your long books post (which I enjoyed very much) means your finger is better... And how is little Gustav? I had a very beloved feral who would lose it every once in a while and instantly repent, but she never did me that much damage. Her name fit, though - Strega. :)

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Wow! Lizzy! I am so flattered! Did the 922 cats (and kittens) give you the night off? Yes, thanks, my finger is better. Gustav is pestiferous as usual, but we've made up, he's all warmly nested on his fuschia blankie. He offered me a terrycloth white bunny after the Bite Incident. When I wouldn't forgive him, he followed it up with a small blue raccoon. How could I resist? I'd name Gustav something more fitting, like SatinSpawn, except he got his name from my sister who rescued him from a truly terrible fate.

I'm used to mistreatment at the paws of the little gangstas, so it's okay.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

Now that I've read your book list I realize why you're such an imaginative writer -- because of ADHD I have trouble settling down to read anything other than pleasure reading (romance, mystery, etc.).

I've been taking a poetry class for the last year and the teacher says you need to READ poetry - a lot of it - in order to find your own voice and write good poems.

I'd say that must apply to your own unique voice -- your comments at 4Legs get me laughing out loud. Thanks for all the joy you bring.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Sandy-LA 90034 said...

P.S. I just noticed your link to 4Legs is titled "Mr. Plushy Pants" -- now that he's off on his comet, maybe you should change it to "Le Petite Madeleine" of "Ms. Plushy Pants?"

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger ThePoliticalCat said...

Thanks, Sandy-la, you're quite right. Will do tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home